Sunday, September 13, 2009

Second entry

Hi it's Kaly again
I just finished adding a bunch of books to my Shelfari, so be sure to check them out. I love Harry Potter and Twilight! I've read all of both series and highly recommend both series. One of my most memorable scenes was when Harry Potter got a snowy owl for his birthday from Hagrid. Harry had never gotten anything this valuable before, so he treasured this owl. He named the owl Hedwig. Hagrid saved Harry's life when he was just an infant, and has been his friend ever since.
In "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the book had cooler and more complicated challenges than the movie, but I did like the movie. In the movie you go to a chess board and have to beat the opponent, but in the book you have to drink a potion that either brings you to safety again, leads you to Voldemort or kills you. It's a lot more challenging in the book, because you have to figure out which potion is the best one... ultimately getting to Voldemort is the best choice so you can figure out where the Sorcerer's stone is before Voldemort does. The Sorcerer's stone is called the "elixer of life"...you are immortal with this. Wouldn't that be great?
Another difference between the book and the movie, is in the book one of the professors at Hogwartz asks the head master whether Harry Potter will have a scar on his forehead forever, and the head master tells him yes. They both have scars from different important events, which makes them important. Later on in the book Harry is misled through the scar on his forehead by a bad character in the book that set him up. He did because he wanted to kill Harry and knew he'd be able to lead Harry into a trap. In the end he does end up in the trap, but makes it out alive thanks to his friends helping him.
I am changing subjects now. I love to write acrosstic poems! It gets my brain thinking, and it also has to make sense to me like the one I entered for in the poem contest. One of my favorite things to write about is my extracurricular activities like roller blading, swimming, and riding my bike. It's sometime really hard to come up with words that start with letters "z", "x" and "q", of course when I have to use them.
I guess that's my entry for this week..hope you like the information I've provided. Have fun and hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Kaly Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment