Friday, February 12, 2010

More Projects

I have so many projects it's ridiculous I swear. I have a power point that I'm doing for Earth Science. Because the books for this term, for that class are really hard to understand. Plus a power point isn't that hard to do. I think that it's going to be really easy to get an A+, on my power point. I added some really cool animation to it. My mom added a little bit of information to some of the slides that I did, because I didn't have enough information. I added some really cool animation to some of the slides. It took a little while to do, because my mom added animation to some stuff. And it kind of messed up some stuff.

For my English class I’m doing a grandparent interview. I have to make it into a story, or a conversation. It’s pretty hard because it has to have figurative language, and description. There are many characteristics of figurative language. Some of them are sensory imagery, personification, hyperbole, simile, idiom, metaphor, irony, alliteration, and onomatopoeia. Sensory imagery is where you describe stuff using the five senses. Personification is a figure of speech in which human qualities are given to an animal, object, or idea. A hyperbole is an intentional or obvious exaggeration. A simile compares things to one another. An idiom is an expression whose meaning is not predictable. A metaphor is a figure of speech where it suggests a resemblance to something. Irony is basically using sarcasm. Alliteration is a group of the same consonant sounds. Onomatopoeia is a use of imitative and naturally suggestive words for rhetorical effect. If you got confused at all with the definitions I’m not surprised. Because I did when I first had to do anything with the figurative language. Especially being able to tell the difference between them.

For Orchestra I have to do a quartet ensemble, but it ended up having to be only three people. Because our fourth person never showed up. We played a Fanfare for Strings. I played first violin, Ansen played second violin, and Justin played cello which is the same as what he always plays. Ansen and I played the same positions that we always play so that way it would be easier. We did our ensemble today. I think we did really well. We ended up getting full credit which is fifty out of fifty. The next big thing for Orchestra is the Festival. Where Mrs. Tuke has us play the music that she picked out for us. It will be a lot like a concert. Were going to be judged by judges, and also be playing against other schools. The judges are going to give us a piece of music that we have to sight read, and we’ll get judged on how well we do. This is how well in tune we are, whether we played in the correct position, whether we played in the correct key, whether we played the correct sharps and flats, and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment