Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Grandma Sue

When I was younger I used to visit my Grandma Sue every other weekend, but that was also when I lived with my step mom and dad. Whenever my grandma would pick me up she would have a small cooler in the back seat filled with treats in it. It would have goldfish crackers, a root beer or sprite, and sometimes a cheese stick.

Whenever I woke up in the morning my grandma was always awake. She would let me choose what I wanted to eat. She always had my favorite cereals handy, like “Rice Krispies”, or “Pops” brand. I loved to take a bath at my grandma’s house, but also remember her being very worrisome. If she couldn’t here me splashing around in the water she would call up and say “Kaly are you all right?”, and I would respond with, “Yes, I am”. I love her very much because she is loving and caring.

One day I asked her, “How come you wake up so early?” She would say, “It’s out of habit because I have to get up early for work.” She told me that she usually wakes up around 4:00 a.m. That’s pretty early. I definitely wouldn’t want to have to get up at that time! One of her favorite things to do in the morning is watch the news.

My grandma’s name is Susan Anne Wells, and was born September 17, 1947. We (meaning the grandkids), call her “Grandma Sue”. She is a very smart woman, with 2 bachelor’s degrees. She’s employed at a company called “L-3 Communications”, in Salt Lake City. Hard work was how she was able to get a job there.

My grandma went to 2 universities. One of them was New York University, or “NYU”, and Westchester University. Grandma Sue had to study all the time, and work hard to get where she is today. At L-3, they make things for our soldiers at war, so that we can survive. My grandma is very pretty for being 62 years old. She has blond hair, blue eyes, and is Jewish. She’s also very proud of her heritage. Luckily, my grandma wasn’t born when Adolf Hitler was alive.

I don’t like getting clothes that often, but when she does, they are really pretty. I feel like she takes into consideration what I need, and what type of clothes I would look good in. She wants all of my siblings and I to look the best, and that’s why she gets us really cute clothes.

Her favorite sport is English horseback riding. She started it around 6 or 7 years old. My grandma couldn’t have her own horses because she lived in the Bronx of New York City, New York. She cared for other peoples horses whose names were “Big Red”, “Aristotle”, and “Cortez”. Her least favorite thing about taking care of horses was the bad stench they gave off, and all the mess that had to be picked up.

Most importantly I love my grandma Sue because she has told me so many cool stories about her past that I just don’t have the words to express right now. I remember all of the nice things that she’s done for me to sacrifice her time and money in order for me to have a better life. My grandma has always been there for me during tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment