Monday, October 5, 2009

Junkyard

Ok so here I am posting another blog, because I am leaving to go camping to Goblin Valley down in Southern Utah. I'll tell you about the last time that we went down there. It was a nightmare!

Our first night camping went ok, and we were in a very quiet area with nobody else around. The weather was warm and I liked it because I didn't have to wrap myself in my sleeping bag. After I'd gone to sleep it started getting chilly so I had to get back into my sleeping bag. Even though we had a trailer, it was a little cold because we didn't use the heat that night, but not bad.

The next day it started out ok. We woke up, ate breakfast, packed our hip packs for our hike, and got into the truck. After just a few seconds, we noticed that there was trouble. The brake line went out in the truck and it leaked out all the brake fluid. My sister and I ran back to the trailer to get duct tape, to see if my dad would be able to tape the line until we could fix it.

We made it to a gas station in Hanksvile, after riding for about 25 miles without brakes. That was fun. We went really slow and made it. We ended up waiting around all day long for either a part for the truck, or a tow. In the meantime my sister and I climbed up a huge dirt hill because we were bored, and it was hot. My dad tried to get help from some local man that lived in town, but didn't have any luck. The man was really wierd too. He sold beef jerky for a living and was "about to open his 3rd shack". Strange hu?

The end of the day came, and we ended up getting towed to a motel and the truck ended up at a garage.We had to grab all of the food out of the truck and brought it with us. We got a hotel room for 3 nights and were stuck there the entire weekend, instead of hiking and having fun. We did have fun swimming, but it would've been more fun to go hiking and camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment